It was recommended that once I had my game in beta, I should start a blog giving more information about it so...tada! I'm new to the blogging world so right now all the features, pictures, links, etc. are going to be somewhat limited because I'm still trying to figure all the little details out, but more will be added throughout the next couple of weeks to make things look nicer.
What I can do is give you more information about my first adult interactive fiction game: Master of the House. It's a text-based ADRIFT 5 adventure designed as kind of a throwback to the AIF games of yore (sorry I can get a bit melodramatic at times), and is more of a sex romp than anything else. You, along with a sexy partner, are trying to build a harem of lovely ladies (and a couple guys--although gay sex is not included) through various puzzles and interactions. The various members of your harem will include next door neighbors and even a cheerleader from your school! All told there will be 10 members for your harem, including yourself and your original partner.
There aren't any pictures for this game for a couple of reasons:
1) As mentioned this game was designed as a throwback to when games didn't have pictures and
2) I'm shit when it comes to creating 3D pictures. I just don't have the time to teach myself or the money to spend to do it as well as I would want to have them and finally
3) I'm a writer first and foremost. Trying to find non-copyrighted materials to match what I wrote is a near impossibility and I don't feel the need to force a scene around a picture I found.
I hope that piques some of your interests. As mentioned above, the game is currently out with beta-testers and I'll be working on bug finding and proofreading myself as well. As things progress I'll try to give some updates as I go to let you know where we're at but I WILL NOT give an ETA so don't ask for one. There are too many variables for me to definitively say when it will be released. I have work/family obligations as do my testers. Hell, a meteor could strike tomorrow and then no game would ever be released! (Although if it does, could it please be like the one from GoblinBoy's game!?)
Enjoy the start of summer--or winter if you live upside down!
Yours,
Minterlint
What a coincidence! I also just sent my first game out for beta-testing this weekend, and it too is a text-only old-school style adventure/sex romp, though only a demo of the start of the still-to-be-completed full game.
ReplyDeleteYour reasons for no graphics are refreshing and chime with my own; do it properly or not at all, and the game itself is more important.
It sounds interesting, so I'll keep an eye on your progress. Good luck!
It does always seem like when it rains it pours with AIF. Palmer released his game recently, Magician's Nephew was released, and BBBen is supposed to close to finishing Super PAC. 'Tis the season I guess!
DeleteLet me know if you'd like to be added to the list of AIF blogs at AIF Central.
ReplyDeleteSo been looking forward to this, any updates??
ReplyDelete